Thursday, March 24, 2016

We might have to pitch a tent.....

Boy oh boy what a stressful week this has been.

We got the notice from our apartment complex this week about lease renewal.  We have to let them know by April 13th whether or not we will be renewing the lease with them.  Our lease ends on June 13th, 2016.

Let me tell you about these options:

For 6 months we can renew at a rate of $1740.00 per month.
For  a year we can renew at a rate of $1325.00 per month {what we pay now}.

Holy freaking moly.  They want $415 more a month just because (and this is their reasoning) they don't want to turn our townhome over in the middle of winter?!?!  When our original renewal came up, they gave us the same options, but the option for a year, which would have had us moving out in December, was only $100 more a month.

So, I emailed one of the gals that works the front desk to inquire about month-to-month rates.  Just in case we need to go another month.  I'll explain all that jazz in a few.....

Her email back??

"The month to month rate is pretty high.  When do you need your lease to end?  I can check another lease term to see if the pricing is better?....."

You wanna know how high???  $2100.00 PER MONTH!

After I digest that ridiculous amount of money for the rental of a 3 bedroom 2 bath townhome, I emailed her back.  I asked what the rate would be if we needed to stay just through the end of June, but also through the end of July just in case.  I also threw in there the tid-bit that we are building a house, hoping that that might play into things.

I hope you're sitting down as you read this...

If we want to extend just through the end of June, our rent for the 1st-13th will be pro-rated at our current rate, and then we would pay the month to month rate for the remainder of the month.
That would be roughly $1700.00 total for a month.

If we want to extend through July, it's the month to month rate of $2100.00

For 3 more months (through September):  $2389.00
For 4 months (through October):  $1562.00

Wow, right?

So, we have pretty much decided that we will be out of that place by the 13th of June.  There is A LOT going on during that time, but we don't want to have to pay a bajillion dollars just to have a roof over our heads.

We have plans that exact week of June to go to Atlanta for a Reds baseball series.  This is the last year the Braves will be playing at Turner Field, so we wanna check that ballpark off of our list before it's gone.

This plays a part in the whole getting out of the townhome thing because why pay for that AND a hotel if we aren't even gonna be there for a weekend?!?!

And now about our house.  It's March 24th today.  We STILL haven't heard when we will have our pre construction meeting or when we will have our house even started.  I emailed our SR today just to get an idea, because I am pretty much panicking at this situation.  We FULLY thought that we would be in our new home by the end of June.  Which was perfect with our lease.

But, seeing as how it takes 13-ish weeks to build a home with Ryan Homes, that's no longer a feasible time table.  In fact- we are looking at the end of July based on the time table that our SR gave me today.  Our start date is 4/19 as of right now.  That could change slightly based on other developments and the schedule of our PM.

Wanna know what's going on at the end of July?  A family reunion.  One that my dad and granny fly up for EVERY year.  They already have their plane tickets bought for it.  Yet as it's looking-- we aren't gonna have a place for them to stay!!!

And the kicker to all of this...

Wait for it......
.....
.....
.....
.....

Because our mortgage took so long, that's what has bumped us back so far in the building process.  We started this whole process way back mid-December!!!
So, thanks so much for that NVR.  You're again on the top of my "favorite" list.

If I knew the house wouldn't have been built til JULY {and I knew what I know now}-- I would have flippin waited so I can at least get the island that I want in the house!!!!!!!!!

I'm angry.  I'm frustrated.  I'm freaking out. Panicking.  Worried.

We will be living in a hotel for about a month an a half.  Being the planner that I am, I have made a calendar from June 13th through August so I can figure out a bunch of things.  We have so much planned and so much going on.... And now we have to worry about where we are going to live.  One thing I was pretty much counting on not having to worry about.

And this also means we have to find movers to move us TWICE, and a storage unit... and a quadrillion other things between now and then.

Everything will work out though, I know that.  And eventually, we will be in our own home and hopefully looking back on this and just shaking our heads at how ridiculous it all "was", and enjoying a beer on our front porch.




2 comments:

  1. Yikes. I feel your stress girl. Wishing you great building weather and fast workers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. That is frustrating on all sides. I hope they start building soon!!!

    ReplyDelete