Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Finally Some Good News!

Oh my gosh, you guys!
Finally!
Finally!
FINALLY!!!!

Our SR text me yesterday and asked me to call her.  I immediately did, and she was all sorts of excited when she answered!! Our PM has finally gotten our stuff and is ready to schedule our pre-construction meeting!
We are scheduled for this next Monday, April 11.

So-- for those of you that have any pre-construction advice, let's hear it!
Or, any questions that you asked, let's hear those too!!

I have a pretty good list going of things I want to ask when we meet, but holy moly, we are FINALLY having our pre-construction meeting!!

I have literally felt like this guy has been teasing me for months now while we {im}patiently wait for the news that our home would be built.




So for the rest of the day I will be researching questions to ask just so I ask as much as possible.  And hopefully feel informed as possible.  I hope our PM isn't already terrified of me.  haha!


But wait.  I really will only be "researching" til about  5.  At 5 I will be hoping that it doesn't rain because Jason and I are headed to the ball park for Opening Night baseball-- AND holding the American Flag on the field during the National Anthem!!

Talk to you guys after our pre-construction meeting!!!!
It's FINALLY here!!!

Happy dancing my way outta here,



7 comments:

  1. Yay! Good news for sure! You guys will be on your way soon. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't wait to see your house all finished!!!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Finally!! I've been hoping to hear something was happening for you guys!!! Hope it goes well!

    We didn't ask very many questions at pre construction mtg., the blogs kind of help eliminate the need for a ton of questions but one thing I would suggest is going over the blue prints (they didn't have ours at our meeting) and double checking all the windows, especially the ones in the basement. It seems to be a common issue for almost everyone about whether or not a certain window should be there or not. We had assumed there would be one under the morning room, and the SR said there "usually was" but of course they weren't looking at our actual blueprints. Wasn't until our pre drywall mtg. did our PM look at our actual plans and confirm for us that they were right and there was no window to be included under the morning room. Its a little thing, but it would have been nice to know. We probably would have added a full sized window down there in that spot had we known prior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like it's been FOREVER since we have done anything for our house. I am excited to finally get this ball rolling.
      I have exhausted so many blogs it's not even funny. And I have tons of questions. And the one with the window in the "exercise room" is definitely a questions we have.
      Even though I've seen lots of answers on blogs, I am still asking. It seems like it varies from PM to PM and some of the blogs I read were several years old and things for RH have changed in that time... So I figured it can't hurt to ask!
      Thank you for the advice! I'm so excited!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats!!! Huge step, and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like it's actually HAPPENING now. Like, we've been dreaming and fighting {with NVR mostly} about this whole process. But actually sitting down and TALKING to someone about our own home is so exciting!!!

      Delete
  4. That's awesome! Blogs are good for giving you a lot of the questions, but my advice is if there is a question you think is good and you read the answer in the blog, as your PM the same question anyway. Communities are all different. For example, someone had asked their PM if their ceilings would be rough or smooth. He said smooth - I assumed that was the case for us. It is not the case for us; we're getting textured ceilings. It's not the end of the world for me, but if it had been a different question, it might have been a bigger deal.

    BUT YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete