Sunday, March 13, 2016

Oh man.

What a week it's been.  Things got pretty stinkin' interesting on Friday this week.  More on that in a second though.

On Saturday we went out to the brand new finished Milan model to check it out and see it in all its beauty.  It was also furnished, haha!  Let me tell you... what a huge relief I felt after seeing it all furnished and complete.  I seriously love EVERYTHING about this house and can't wait to be in our very own.
Well. All but one thing.  I'm not thrilled with the size of the pantry.  I really do wish it were a bit larger than what it is.

And then there's this:



I originally thought I would not like the style of this island.  I wasn't sure that the table thingy at the end was something I wanted.  Boy, was I wrong.  Seeing it all complete in the house, I am IN LOOOOOOOOOVE with it.  So much that we have inquired about adding it into our home. 
There are a couple of things that can hinder this though.
For one- it's a structural change.  That means it's gonna cost us if we do upgrade it.
Second- This style island is available with the"07 floorplan".  After some research and questions, we found out that our floor plan for our house is the "06 floorplan".  So essentially, this table is a part of a new version of the floorplan and we can't get it.

Sigh.

But- cue the awesomeness of our SR.  She is going to ask to see if it can be an option that we add on. 

 So, fingers crossed that she asks and that she gets a good answer.  haha!  It could be a possibility for us to find something after we move in and add it on, but I am not sure that I am gonna want to do that as the granite won't match all the way through.  This looks so stinkin awesome in the kitchen and fills the space so well.
I want it.
So.
Bad.
Fingers crossed!!


And now let me tell you about Friday.

I got a call Friday from a manager at NVR named Donna.  She wanted to apologize for our bad experience that we have been having with getting our mortgage squared away.  We got to chat for a few minutes and I explained how I was feeling about our whole experience.
At that point in time, we still hadn't heard back from our loan processor about our approval letter.  Over a week since we securely FAXED and emailed a copy of our signed letter to them.  All we asked was for confirmation that they had gotten the letter.  And nothing.
So, I got to tell this Donna all about how I felt like we've been ignored for a lot of the process and how a lot of it has been so stressful.  She asked if we had been over our contingencies for our approval with our loan processor, Rebecca.  I had to let her know that we hadn't heard from her at all.

We now have a plan of sorts.  I will be talking with Rebecca on Monday {this will be my first time talking to her as Jason has handled all of this NVR stuff first hand and I've just stressed the whole time}.. I will go over the contingencies with her and ask any questions that I have.

Now, I have this feeling that NVR contacted me because of my last blog post.  Some of the little details that Donna, the manager, had mentioned while we were talking were things that at this point in time are minute and that happened way back at the beginning.  And now, when we email Rebecca, we actually get an automated response if she is out of the office {something we didn't get before, which coincidentally I had mentioned in the last blog post}.

So I'm pretty certain that I was contacted because of that blog post.  I am happy our issues are being addressed and I hope that for the remaining time we have to deal with NVR that we can have a bit of a better experience.

We go out of town at the end of this week to go visit my brother and his family in Pennsylvania. Hopefully when we get back we will be scheduling our preconstruction meeting and getting the ball rolling for our home.  It seems like it's been SO long since anything has happened as far as the house is concerned.  






4 comments:

  1. That's crazy about the island... I hope you're able to get it. Its my favorite thing, and what sold us on the house!
    Also, a little creeped out thinking Ryan Homes could be reading our blogs. I'd heard of it before but was (am) hoping that they aren't reading mine. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally crossing my fingers because I LOVE LOVE LOVE that island!!
      And, I'm happy that they contacted us about our experience... and kinda impressed that someone IS reading what I write, haha!!

      Delete
  2. We were offered the island as an option since we are the first Milan being built in our community this year. It might be worth finding out if that could be a negotiating point for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was. Unfortunately, we can't do the island I want because it is a feature on a NEW version of the Milan blueprints.... :-(

      Delete