Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Long Waits, Home and Garden Shows and Approvals!

It seems like it's been waaaaaaay too long since I have posted anything.
We signed and started this whole process back in December and here it is MARCH already!! How is that even possible?!?!!

We have definitely been keeping busy.  Doing lots of things on the weekends to keep ourselves busy as we wait and wait and wait for NVR to get back with us about our mortgage.  We LEGIT gave them all the things they needed for the underwriter on February 5th.

We have been taking "dates" to Home Depot, Lowes, Menards and IKEA to get ideas and just browse all the different things we could want to do once we get into our new home.  Plus, we will need to have things like ceiling fans, a fridge, and a few other little things.  So, how adult are we to hang out at the hardware stores.

This past weekend we spent some time at the Cincinnati Home and Garden show.  I thank Facebook for that ad. I had NO clue it was going on, but Facebook kindly let me know and we went!  It was neat, but I think NEXT year we will have more fun.  They gear a lot towards home improvement projects, or adding things to your home that doesn't exist.  Well, we are already getting a finished basement.   Same with a deck.  So, we had fun, walked around and saw the things.... Decided we want a hot tub.... and got some free swag.  We even grabbed stuff for our sales rep, Shelli.  She said she was bummed she couldn't go, so I just had to get her some goodies.


Quick pic from my phone from the show.  It was gigantic and takes up all of the Duke Energy Center.  Totally different experience from being at RedsFest and celebrating my most favorite sport in the entire world, along with my favorite team.

And how about that last word in the title.... APPROVAL!!!!

We found out last night that we had officially been approved for our mortgage with NVR.  Our SALES REP emailed us {around 8pm} to let us know that we had been approved!! She knew how long we had been waiting, and as soon as she saw it come across, she knew she HAD to let us know!!!

I have a post I have been saving about our NVR experience, and after some tweaking I will be posting that.   It's been a rough experience-- that's what I will say for now.

So hopefully within the next couple of weeks, we get some fun stuff scheduled and get this wonderful house we have been dreaming about built!!!

It is a whole different kind of awesome KNOWING you've been approved and can officially build your dream home!

3 comments: