Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Rest of Our Story!

I have to back up just a bit and fill you in on us being prequalified through NVR (the finance company that is "sister" to Ryan Homes). When we had driven out to see the Florence model, we spoke with the nice man about being prequalified for a loan through NVR.  He had given us an application to fill out that we could return to our Sales Rep, Shelli, if we found something we wanted.

And that is exactly what we decided to do.  We figured it would be good to know what we were dealing with as far as what we could afford.  Seeing everything that Ryan Homes had to offer, we were pretty sure that we wanted to build with them {I hadn't researched other areas or builders at this point yet}.  So, we filled out the application and emailed it to Shelli so that she could get it over to NVR.  We were told it wouldn't take long.  No more than a day, even though it was a Sunday afternoon.

Well, I got impatient come Monday.  Jason and I were both at work and texted back and forth wondering when it would be "okay" to call this mortgage guy and find out what the "hold up" was.  Of course, being who I am, I worried.  Maybe we weren't being approved.  Maybe our stuff was just THAT bad that they were laughing at us... I had no idea.

Jason called and then I got the text "Can you talk?"

Uh oh. Not good.  He wants to talk. Not text.

But, it was good.  Really good.
We were approved for WAY more than I ever though we would be approved for. So now going to visit this Milan model that we had learned about was attainable. And we would be able to do all we wanted and STILL have it be attainable.

So on that following Sunday, we went and saw that Milan that had just been built in our neighborhood, the day before it's family closed on it. And we loved it.
And we knew then that this was our floorplan for OUR house.


And the rest is history.

Well, kind of. We're building a home, and it's going to be amazing. But, we have to wait til May-June for it to be complete {aka delivery date}.  Here's the reason for that:

That May/June "delivery date" is perfect for us.  We signed that 6 month lease on our town house, so this time frame worked great for us.  There is a brand new phase of the development and this is the reason for the delayed delivery.  We hadn't picked our lot out by this point, but were PRETTY sure we would be in this new phase of the development.  It's on a cul-de-sac, and the future phase after ours will also be on a cul-de-sac.
There was one lot that Shelli said was great that we should check out.  Lot 125.  It had a delivery date of March/April.  We could make that time frame work if we loved the lot, but let's be honest... Who wants to pay both rent and mortgage?
That's right.
Not us.
So we visited lot 125, and we liked it, but we liked the new phase better.  That, and this particular part of the development will have a future phase that'll take the road all the way out to one of the main roads that gets you to the development.  We like it much more that we can be on a cul-de-sac and not on a main stretch of road with the potential of people FLYING down the road.
And let's have a laugh that even though it was December and it had rained like 4 days ago, the ground was a bit deceiving.  It was still kinda muddy when you went out onto the lot, and we got so yucky and muddy.  Not dry like we had thought.
Oooooopsie.
Anyways.
I'm getting better at this whole photo thing.  I didn't take any photos of the development map the bajillion times we have visited the model home so far.  And I didn't take any photos when we visited the Milan that was about to have its family close on it. I kinda felt that would be weird. I mean, what if I become friends with these people that we walked through their house before they officially owned it?  "Oh hey! Look at these awesome photos I took of your house before you even lived in it"
Not creepy at all.
But! I do have a print out that I can show you of the development!

VOILA!

Don't pay any attention to all of my scribble, or Shelli's scribble. haha!
This was all before we had chosen our lot and were discussing pricing, etc.
But, that little cul-de-sac is the one I'm talking about.  The one with the street name Abell Court.


So we decide on the Milan. We get this super awesome master list print out of all of the different upgrades and such that we want and will meet with Shelli to discuss these, and to make things official.

Stopping my SECOND super long post here.  I'm gonna try to make this like other new home blogs I've seen.  I wanna list out all of our included features and such, so that's in our next post. Along with more stories. Because, if it's not obvious yet, I love to talk.
And talk.
And talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment