Saturday, January 23, 2016

Meetings-- Rite Rug

We did all of the meetings that were required of us right after signing the purchase agreement on the same day.

Now, we were exhausted because we had just driven over 14 hours from Florida the night before.  It was the end of the holidays, we had to get ready to go back to work too, but we knew these meetings had to get done.  So, on December 30th, we scheduled our meetings with Guardian, Rite Rug and NVR Mortgage {We were told that we had to schedule these meetings within 2 weeks of signing our Purchase Agreement}.

It helped that they were all in the same city {and even better that it's the city we currently live in}... but I also had done my research through blog reading and the good ole Google machine.... so I kind of knew what we were getting into.

Our first meeting was with Rite Rug.
I was definitely most excited about this meeting.  We were finally going to be able to see and pick out flooring for our ENTIRE home.  I know I've already written and shown you our choices for these, but I wanted to kind of summarize our experience with Rite Rug.

I wasn't happy with our sales rep.
I might have read a blog or two too many about how awesome people's appointments had gone, and how overwhelmed they were.  I read about how great their sales reps were with showing them so many different products and options.
Even being pretty tired from our travels, I was quite excited to be heading to this appointment.

What we got was NOT a great sales rep, and I wasn't overwhelmed.

I do believe we made awesome selections, but we weren't shown ANYTHING.... We had to pull samples and look at everything pretty much by ourselves.  And I felt like the sales rep was just kind of a babysitter to make sure we didn't destroy her showroom.


Let me explain:
We arrived at Rite Rug a bit early {we are all about that being punctual business, and normally arrive REALLY early most places we go}, but they were open, and our sales rep, Stephanie was ready for us.

We get back to the back of the building, and she has all of our information handy and ready to go.  She pretty much just let us go to it.  We had a bit of small talk in the beginning, letting her know of our travels and such, so she knew we were a bit exhausted.  We explained the layout of the home, and what we were interested in for each room, and then we started choosing.  I am not sure if the trip and being exhausted part played into the way she handled us or not.....

She said it was easiest to start the choices by picking out your hardwood/resilient areas.  She asked if we knew what we were choosing for our cabinets and countertops.  I told her that we had the cabinets picked out as the Maple Espresso, and we were in between 2 granite choices, Caledonia and Luna Pearl.  She was unsure that Luna Pearl was an option for our Ryan Home.  We assured her that it was, as our SR absolutely loved this granite, and it was even installed in the home that we were able to go visit in the neighborhood that had JUST finished being built.

With that being said, she went and grabbed the sample of Luna Pearl that they had.  We were pretty sure (like 98% sure) that we were going with this particular granite, so we moved ahead with that as our decision.
We explained that we WANTED hard wood in our kitchen area, so she pointed to where those were at and let us choose.  I picked up a few samples that stuck out to me, set them over with our samples of cabinet color and granite, and we chose.
"That looks nice", "Those go great together" were about the only comments we could get out of her.

But, we moved on.  And this was pretty much how our appointment went.  She showed us one or two samples of carpet, explained why she liked the one, and that was about it.  We talked through why we liked one over the other for carpet, and she just nodded and agreed with us that it was a "great" idea, etc.

I felt like I wasn't being SOLD anything.
And maybe that was a good thing?? I know we did go in pretty much KNOWING what we wanted for our flooring choices.  We even had an idea of how much it was going to cost to upgrade things, thanks to our awesome Ryan Homes SR.

All in all though, if this is a "review" of our Rite Rug experience, I was less than impressed.  I wanted you to sling carpets and flooring choices at me left and right. Not just show me one or two.

Are we happy with what we chose? You're damn right we are.  I haven't had ONE doubt about what we chose and I love each and everything that we picked out.

We spent more than anticipated, but that is mainly because we hadn't considered the fact that we were most likely upgrading the carpeting in all of Zone 2, as well as the basement, and we weren't given a "heads up" as to how much that was all gonna cost.

The ONE thing that shocked me was that we had to pay EXTRA for ceramic tile in the master bath.  The flooring, I get that part. But not for the upgraded shower and tub that we already spent so much money on to upgrade.  I think I mentioned this previously.  To make your bathroom look halfway pretty and not standard, you have to pay even more for that than you are already paying.
But- I plan to use this tub a LOT and I want it to be pretty, so we did choose to upgrade all the tile in the master bath.

Wanna see our selections?? I've included a page at the top of the blog where you can click to see em there, or head on over to our  "Selections" post to read all about them and see what we picked!!!


1 comment:

  1. My experience at Rite Rug was similar. Our sales rep offered limited opinions but wasn't overly involved in our selections. I think I had a good idea going into it of what I wanted too, so maybe they just take a more laid back approach for those folks. I have a coworker who spent over 2 hours picking out flooring. My husband and I were there for less 45 minutes!

    ReplyDelete