Friday, January 15, 2016

Lot 98-- The Site of Our Future Home


That cute little highlighted lot on the development map? That's OUR lot. Lot number 98.
We went back and forth with whether or not we wanted to pay a lot premium or just stick with a lot that had no extra costs.

Well.  When it was all said and done, we went with one that did have a premium.  Not because we just love to spend money, but because we decided that a walk out lot was perfect for us. 

In our neighborhood, if you have a home with a walk out, you are required to have a deck.

A deck was definitely something we wanted.  And when Jason and I discussed everything, the walk out was great for us.  We have 2 shelties {that are going to live forever, and don't you DARE tell me otherwise} and we just think that it'll be great in the winter time to be able to just open a back door and let them go outside to play or do their business and they won't have to go up or down a set of icy stairs.  Believe it or not, these dogs used to be Florida boys and had NO idea how to even get up a set of stairs.  They're pros now though.  But, safety first, right?

Our Boys <3


Plus, we like just having that outside access if needed via the walk out.

And, the square footage of the basement can be counted in our total for the house with a walk out.

And let's face it:  I'm a Florida girl.  Y'all have NO idea how excited I was the first time I went into a basement.  I have such great plans for our basement and hope it's going to be a fabulous area.

We also like lot 98 because it's on a cul-de-sac.  I know I mentioned this before, but it's nice knowing that we will have that dead end, and eventually just another cul-de-sac on the other side of the road.  No main drag of road for people to go flying down.  And a nice little bit of privacy with being on a cul-de-sac.

OH!!!
And, let's chat about the VIEW we will have.
Jason standing at the front of the lot, checking it all out

I learned rather quickly that all of Cincinnati is covered in hills.  Our area is no exception.
Well, with those hills come gorgeous views.  
From our morning room and back deck, you'll be able to see rolling hills for miles.
In the fall, think about those fall leaves changing colors.
And in the winter, pretty snow all over the hills and naked trees.
And don't worry about the spring and summer.  That's baseball season and we live at Great American Ballpark during that time of year.

I asked about measurements on the lot, for anyone curious (I know I was).  Our lot is just shy of a quarter of an acre. Front width is 96.15'.  Rear width is 55.64'.  And Front to Rear is 115.16'.

Here's a few more photos of our lot!
We were the lucky ones that got to put our "SOLD" sticker on the lot sign the day we signed papers. The little guy on the bottom is Baby Jay Bruce.  You can follow all of his adventures {he goes EVERYWHERE with us} by searching the hashtag #adventuresofbabyjaybruce.  My selfie stick would have been ideal here.  Didn't even think about it. 



And here's a photo of OUR lot!   That house you see in the back with the wrap on it is nearly finished now.  The one on the very left of the photo has framing and wrap on it now too! They seem to go up so quick!



And finally, the day we went out to the model home to make our selections for siding, counters, cabinets, stone, etc...... it had snowed earlier in the day.  It was really the first snow we have had all season.  I felt it was only appropriate to snap a photo of our lot's first snow <3
I most definitely did NOT get out of the car for this photo though! It was super cold, winds were really strong, and just nope.  Car snap shots will have to do ;-)

January 10th


Can't wait til we have our address!! It's going to be exciting hear that little bit of information.  But, for now, our cute little Lot 98 is absolutely perfect and ready for our home!




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new home. I wish you a painless and enjoyable experience. I have read all your blog entries and enjoyed them very much. We are building our second Ryan homes and there are a lot of Milan homes in our current neighborhood. It's a very nice floor plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi future neighbor. I am also building a Milan. I am slated for a late July/ early August closing. I am building on Lot 90. I know your home was done almost a year ago but just wondering if you recall what the NO S on lot 90 means on the site map..I hope it's nothing surprising that I may have missed. I also am working with Shelli who has been awesome. I love reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just just looked at the site map again maybe that actually says WO for walkout and a 5 for the premium. I am so excited to go through my build. Looks like I will be moving right behind you.

      Delete
    2. CHARISSE!!!!
      First off, CONGRATS on building your new home!! It is such an exciting time!!
      Second, welcome to the neighborhood!! Not sure if you're on FB, but if you are, we have a neighborhood group! It's really nice for things going on, people selling things, and such. It's a closed group, so I'd probably have to add you, but we can discuss that if you want :-)
      If you ever have any questions, just let me know, and if you ever see us outside, stop by and say hi!! We have the dogs out a lot and they like to play with their "friends" across the street, haha!!
      And yeah, the markings on the site map I have were walk out lots and lot premium prices :-)

      Delete