Sunday, January 17, 2016

Selections

So, as I've said.... I have been playing catch up since we signed and decided to build a house with writing this blog.
We signed our purchase agreement on December 19th.  We were told then that we had 2 weeks to get to appointments with NVR, Rite Rug and Guardian.
Let me tell you how much I panicked.  We had planned a trip to Florida to visit my family. We hadn't been down there in a few years, and I was super excited to be spending Christmas with them.
Not to mention, we had planned a day at Disney.
Our SR, Shelli, assured us that we had plenty of time, especially since it was around the holidays anyways.  We got all of our meetings scheduled.  We had already planned to head back a day early from Florida {we were driving that 14 hours, with the dogs in tow}, so we scheduled all 3 of our appointments for that day we got back... December 30th.

Before I talk about those appointments-- let's take a second to admire Disney.

I won't lie-- I teared up when they lit the castle up like this.
And yes. That IS Olaf on stage.

Okay. Now on to our home selections...

We made all 3 of our appointments the same day, as I said... I'll write about the experiences of each of those in a separate post- just so you all can know how our experiences were with each of those.

But, let's show off these selections...


First up...
Our hardwood flooring and carpet choices.

Both of these are upgrades from what comes standard in the home.  We pretty much took one look {and feel} at the standard stuff and said nope.  We knew we wanted something different for the carpet.  And we had definitely already discussed that we wanted hardwood in all of the "resilient" areas, so it was just a matter of choosing which one we wanted.

We had pretty much narrowed down the cabinet and granite choices, so it was just finding stuff that went well together and matched the rest of our home.

So, here they are!  The hard wood is called "Dundee Strip Saddle" and is 2 1/4" wide.  The carpet is called "Sand Swept" by Simple Touch. It's a good mixture of beiges and browns that will provide a neutral color throughout the house, but I also like it because it will help hide any "accidents" that might happen with the littles {cuz let's face it.... everyone, even dogs, will have an accident}.

The hardwood will be in all of the resilient areas downstairs... this includes the kitchen, morning room, foyer, family entry and powder room.
The carpet will be in pretty much every other area.  Living Room, Family Room, Formal Dining Room, all upstairs bedrooms, stairs, loft and basement.




Here is a photo of the cabinets we chose for the kitchen {Maple Espresso}, along with our granite choice {Luna Pearl} along with our hard wood floor choice.  I think they look great together!!


And, here's EVERYTHING together.  Cabinet and granite for the kitchen, hard wood, carpet and our handrail color for the stairs {which is called Dark Oak}.  And if you can't remember, we chose the upgrade of having the white balusters with the wood handrails.



We did choose something a little "less" for the upstairs bathroom and the laundry room "resilient" areas. We DID upgrade them though, to a vinyl.

This vinyl is called Station Square.  This photo is of the vinyl sample along with a sample of the Fairfield Honey cabinets {which is the standard color that comes with the home} .  We kept the standard colored cabinets in the upstairs bathroom, as well as the cultured white marble countertops that are included.  I figured it wasn't worth the upgrade price, and I can always stain them myself later {which I totally plan to do, AND have it pinned on my Pinterest as a project to tackle}.



And now for the master bathroom.  We upgraded to have the giant soaking tub and the glass surround shower.  It was a must-have with our home.  I have read many RH blogs and seen many upgraded bathrooms, and just adored every one with this upgraded option.  I have loved all the tile that people picked and couldn't WAIT for my turn to pick something out.
I was a little taken back when I was told what our standard options were.  It was either a white or almond colored ceramic tile. And let me just say..... YUCK.  Not for me.  Especially after I had seen all of the different photos of these gorgeous bathrooms.
It meant that we would have to just upgrade that tile as well.  I most definitely wasn't expecting this expense, but it is so going to be worth it....

Here's what we picked... The floor tile will be 12x12 and the wall tile will be 9x12, and the tile is called Heathland White Rock.  The decorative tile to go with it is called Gemstone Listello.  They were NOT one of the premade sets that went together... I grabbed other decorative tiles and placed them together til I came up with this pair.

And... our cabinets in the master bath will be the Maple Espresso upgrade cabinets wtih the cultured marble counter tops.



Here's a close up of the Gemstone Listello decorative tile :-)




The last part of our selections are for the exterior of the house.


For our siding, we chose "Irish Thistle".
Our stone is called "Autumn Buckeye Ledgestone" {kind of appropriate if you know us}
The Shake on the house will be done in "Sandy Tan"
The Front Door will be "Raisin"
The Shutters will be "Dark Berry"
The trim on the house will all be done in Almond.


I will say that I am just a BIT bummed because I really really really wanted a red door.  We were told that based upon our choices for stone and siding, that we were limited to the color we could do for the shutters and the door.

I most definitely didn't want to change anything just to get a red door.  Once we are in the home, if I want to make our door red, I will make our door red. I think it might really make that stone pop that has the reddish tint in it too.

So there you have it!  All of our interior and exterior color choices. It's funny. I have read SO SO SO many blogs about people freaking out about their decisions.  About worrying that they aren't going to be great together.  As of this point, I haven't felt that way.  I love everything we have chosen and seriously can NOT wait to see it all put together and be ours.

I'll be going a bit into detail about each of our appointments in the next few posts!


2 comments:

  1. Great selections! We are getting the same hardwoods and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! So we both have great names AND great taste?!?!

      Delete