Saturday, July 16, 2016

Week 12--- Rounding Third and Heading For Home!

This is on the third base side of Great American Ballpark-- the home of the Cincinnati Reds, and what we like to call our "summer home".  This quote just seemed appropriate for this post as it's a place we love, and because we are SO close to being in our new home!

Let me just say-- I want to be inside this house!  I want to just go inside and stay there til we close.  No one has to know, right?!?! It's so amazing inside you guys! I love it, it's perfect, and every tear, every stressful moment and waiting since December is all about to be worth it.  I love our home so much and can't wait to be in!

I found out from our SR that our PM actually HAD sent out emails about going on vacation, but their Outlook accounts are really wonky and only seem to work about half the time.  When we visited with our SR {we had to get the key to get into the house} today we had a good laugh because of the whole poop in the toilet thing.  I'm glad we are all laughing about it already.

We tried visiting on Tuesday this week, and even asked our PM if they'd leave the house unlocked for us.  I wanted to go in and measure windows and a couple of different things.  Well, the house was locked when we got there.  We were a bit frustrated as it takes us 30 minutes to get out to the house from where we live now.  So that is over an hour of our time spent with nothing to show for it.  And, it's late at night as it's after work when we do this.

So hubby called our PM on Wednesday and asked to please leave one of the doors open for us.  So we were able to go in on Wednesday.  Between Wednesday and going out today, we noticed that these things that were done this week:

Cable/Guardian stuff
Carpet Installation
Sod in the front yard
Seed/Sod in the back

It was neat going out today, because there was a huge list sitting on our kitchen island that had stuff that has been done with the house, and things that still needed to be done.  Part of our purpose going out today was to go through a list that WE had made of things we wanted to make sure were taken care of.  So it was great seeing this list.  A lot of the stuff we were concerned about were taken care of already. But, seeing this list was neat because it made us appreciate just how much they take care of things, and working on things that we didn't even notice!

I'm not gonna bore you with the stuff we want to have looked at by the PM.  It literally is a couple of spots that need to be painted, and some scratched cabinets that need to be replaced or taken care of.

I'd rather show y'all what everything is looking like, because it's amazing.  I seriously didn't want to leave once we were in there today.  I wanted to just sit and stare at everything and imagine what it's going to be like actually LIVING there.

TEN DAYS from today, y'all.  TEN DAYS and we sign our lives away and get the keys to this home that we have been dreaming about.

Okay. Pictures!

We will start with carpet photos!  All of these photos are from either Wednesday or Saturday (today) so they might be a bit out of order, but oh well :-)

Carpet selfie!  I was so excited to have our carpet.

View from the kitchen island looking into the family room

Family room!  Hardwood floors and carpet <3

Family room and hardwood in the kitchen

Looking towards the foyer from the kitchen.  Light is coming from the dining room.

Carpeted Stairs <3

Loft

Bedroom #2 (next to the master)

Loft again, with gorgeous railing!

Loft!


View looking out the door in the master bedroom

standing in the morning room looking towards the family room

standing in the family room looking towards the front door

basement!
And our other photos! Just detail shots and some outside shots!  It's gorgeous you guys!!

I FINALLY got to sit in my tub! It is gigundous! I can't wait to just relax and soak after a long day of work!

Hubby had to model the shower too!  We still have to have the glass surround put on, and I'm asking our PM just to make sure it's gonna be installed... but everything looks amazing!

all of our hardware was installed (TP holders and towel rods)

sitting in the bath tub looking at the shower

master bath vanity.

one of two master closets. This one is the larger of the two, which is inside the master bath.  It's mine ;-)

More shelving in the master closet.  I will eventually make this into an organized closet with shelving and other things, but these shelves work for now.

More shelving in that first master closet

Hall closet.  It's weird that these doors don't have knobs that turn.  You just pull the doors open

Hall bathroom

Laundry room

Hubby studying the punch out lists that were on the kitchen island <3

Guardian stuff was installed!  And we made our appointment for installation once we move in!

basement stairs.  The basement looks amazing!

Half bath off of the family entry

morning room door and deck.

That damn small pantry.  

our gorgeous kitchen. I seriously adore this place.

seed and straw in our back yard

Seed and Straw on the side yard.  I love this because we can actually see how large our yard is.  It's amazing and our boys are going to have so much space to run and play!

Sod and landscaping.  There are just no words for how amazing this looks and how it makes me feel.  I'm in awe and can't wait to be in this house.


Our mailbox was installed this week too!

Mailbox and our yard being leveled for sod!

The rest of our porch rails were installed.  I am so glad we chose this elevation. 

Dusk photo of our home.  

So, I can't believe this, but this is probably my last post before we close!  We have ten days from today, but we have A LOT going on this upcoming week.  My daddy and my granny are coming up from Florida to visit for almost a week.  I am excited because they'll be able to see the house, but bummed at the same time because I really wanted to be in the house for them to stay with us.  Sigh.  It's all worth it in the end though.

So, we have our pre-settlement walk through on July 25th and then we close on the 26th!

I'm hoping to maybe have a post for our pre-settlement walk through... but with that the day before we close, and my daddy and granny leaving the day of our closing... I'm not sure if I will have time! I'll still have some packing to do since we are pretty much LIVING in this place til the day we close.


10 comments:

  1. Your house is beautiful! There are places where it's different from our Milan, so it's cool too see.

    All the best for a smooth transition over the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so excited to be in this house! I love our loft and the difference there is there with some of the other Milans. We get that extra little bump out because of the elevation we chose! Are there other different areas? That's the only one I really know of.

      Delete
  2. Yay!!! Love the pics! Can't wait to hear how closing and moving in goes! Hope it all goes smoothly! Have fun with your family in town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are hoping for smooth sailing too, but are kind of trying to anticipate something going wrong, lol!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats!! Looks great. Did you/will you be hiring an inspector prior to closing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We aren't doing our own inspector. We've kept up with the inspections along the way and have visited the house so much that we are okay with the inspections that come with the house.

      Delete
  4. Everything looks great! Busy busy for you now! Have fun with your family and I can't wait to hear how closing and moving goes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You guys aren't far behind us so I'll be wishing luck for you guys really soon too!!

      Delete
  5. It's looking AMAZING!! So jealous that you're so close to closing. That tub is spectacular, and your elevation is gorgeous. 10 days....ahhhh!!! Just promise you won't drop off the face of the earth after you close. I hate all the dead blogs out there! We want to see moved-in pics and projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      And I promise! I have plans to make the blog our journeys through everything we go through with the house! Projects, updates, all that kind of fun stuff! It's been fun blogging this entire process and I've met some great folks along the way!

      Delete