Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 10-- Interior Touches

So reflecting between the progress of last week, and this week... this week was a super slow week as far as progress for our house goes.

Biggest thing we noticed that has been done: ELECTRICITY!!!!!!
I THINK they have done the "second paint", although seeing all the spots on the inside that need touch ups, I kind of hope they haven't done a second paint yet because there are a helluva lot of touch ups that need to be done {read: entire walls}.

So, all of our light fixtures have been put in, outlets have covers, we have light switches, recessed lighting, thermostat, a working garage door and even a doorbell!

As far as painting goes that's really noticeable, our trim outside has been painted the almond color to match the rest of our house.  This includes porch columns, trim around the garage, and our outside doors in the back (morning room and walk out basement door).

 They also painted our front door, "Raisin".  Now, I was upset when we first had our selections meeting, because I really, really, really, REALLY wanted a red door.  And, Ryan Homes has certain color palettes and such that you must adhere to when you choose your siding, stone, etc.  We ended up picking a "Dark Berry" shutter, so the "Raisin" door made sense.  And you guys, I adore it.  It's pretty.  It looks great with our siding and trim and our stone.  The "Autumn Buckeye Ledgestone" that we chose has some hints of purples in it, and it just goes great all together.  So, I probably won't ever paint our door red.  Especially because our shutters are a shade of purple.  And I can see it being a huge pain to have to paint the shutters just so I can have a red door, haha!!

Other trim has also been done inside the house, and finished up.  Door frames, baseboards... The vanities now have their mirrors above them in the bathrooms {minus the half bath in the family entry. That mirror isn't there yet}.  Toilets have been installed as well.

Little joke to make light of a not-so-great situation:

When we visited the house yesterday, we were turning on all of our lights and checking everything out.  Well.  Let's just say we had a not-so-pleasant surprise in our hall bathroom {the one with the vinyl that we don't like}.  Yeah.  That's right. Someone POOPED in our toilet.  POOPED! The toilets are installed but don't work yet.  POOPED! It smells sooooo gross in there.

How.Freaking.Disgusting.

The joke part:  Hubby really wanted me to title this post "We got free shit".  While it's catchy, I decided against it, haha!

So this may be disgusting, but I took a photo of the yuckiness that was in our toilet.  And I sent it to our PM and SR and asked HOW that was acceptable.  I told them that I understood nothing could be done about it, but how unprofessional, disrespectful and just disgusting.

Well, our PM emailed us back this morning and apologized and is having a new toilet installed in the hall bathroom.

Side note on that:  our PM is on vacation.  We knew this was coming, so I was surprised that he answered our email.  Now, I am a little upset because we have been getting weekly updates with what's been done on the house and what to expect next on the house.  He never gave us the heads up that this was the week he was on vacation.  I really would have liked to have known that.  We had asked during our pre-construction meeting just for our knowledge to see if he was planning on taking any vacation during our build.

So we haven't gotten a weekly update and he never actually told us that he was on vacation.  Until the poop email.  He let us know the contact info for our second PM if we had any issues while he was out.  I also think that he might have stopped giving us updates just because he knows we go out to the house so much. Plus, this past week, he had been in contact a few times to try to resolve this whole vinyl issue.

So we get a new toilet and the poop one will be gone.  I'm a little concerned with HOW a poop-filled toilet gets taken out of one's home.  Sigh.  Trying to not worry about it and just hope that the next time we go out to the house everything is better.

We spent the evening out at the house last night, and our neighborhood had a 4th of July "party".  They shot off about 30 minutes worth of awesome fireworks and the entire neighborhood gathered to watch.  I love seeing how friendly everyone is and can't wait to be part of the "gang".

And now for photos! And no worries-- I deleted the yuck photo that I sent our PM of the surprise we had in the toilet.

Water Closet in the Master Bath.  We double checked all of our toilets. (haha)

Master Bath <3 Faucets and Shower heads have been installed.

Master Bath vanity.  Faucets are in, mirror is up and light fixture is installed.

Another angle of the master bath vanity <3

Standing in the doorway of the master bath into the loft.

Standing in the loft looking towards the laundry and hall bath

Holding my breath as I take this photo.  Hall bathroom.  Vinyl under it's lighting (sigh)

Laundry room!  Vinyl peeking out, pan has been installed for the washer.

Morning room view

Another morning room view

Kitchen view with lights on.  The recessed lighting is a bit frustrating because it takes a few seconds to warm up, but once it does they look great!

Find the floorplans!  They were actually kind of "neat" this time.

Damage to the wall by the family entry.  Trying to keep my eye out for all of these kind of things to MAKE SURE they're fixed by closing.

Standing at the walk out looking up.  Outside light fixtures have been installed too, and you can see our doors have been painted almond here!

Basement view.  Recessed lighting is on :-)

Half bath in the family entry.  Sink is installed, but mirror hasn't been yet.

Different focus photo so you can see what the light fixtures look like.

Looking down the foyer!  Look at all the lights <3

Light fixture in the dining room

view of the dining room standing near the front door.

DOORBELL!!!! 

It was close to twilight when we were out at the house, but here's the front door.  Can't wait to get a sunshine picture of this!

thermostat!

Front porch beers before fireworks!  It was our first beer on our front porch <3

watching some random fireworks from our porch

history for our home

our view from the spot in our neighborhood where they shot off the fireworks!


progress view.  You can see all the almond trim now, and it looks great!

I have NO idea what's up next for the house.  I really really hope it's granite.

We have started packing up lots of our stuff to try and get it ready, and making game plans for getting ready to move.  We even got our movers hired for the day after we close!!

I also think we've decided on a fridge!  It's a bit different than what we were originally thinking, but I am excited!  I'll probably post about this later in the week. haha!

Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July!


5 comments:

  1. Boo to subs being gross in your home. Unfortunately its not uncommon. But your house is really coming along. It's so crazy to see how different developments do things a bit different. All of our bathroom lighting fixtures are installed the other direction. Also, we took out all of the kitchen and hallway bulbs and replaced then with instant on led. I couldn't stand how long it took for the CFL ones that ryan gives you too warm up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I was upset about the whole gross thing, and really just wanted an apology from our PM and maybe him say that he'll talk to the guys that did it. I definitely wasn't expecting to be told they'd replace the toilet. I'm sure they can get the plumbing "turned on" and flush the toilet.

      And I'm already debating turning the light fixtures the other way. I've noticed that everyone is different in one way or the other, and I really think I'd like the bathroom fixtures better if they were facing down.
      And thanks for the tip on the LED bulbs. I am going to research them and probably switch them out! I wasn't thrilled with the lag time it took the lights to get bright.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes. I guess that coulda been a more "user friendly" blog post title, haha!

      Delete
  3. Your home is looking so nice! I love your door and the exterior color scheme. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete