Sunday, July 10, 2016

NVR is at it again.....

To say that I can't wait to be "done" with NVR is an understatement.  I seriously hope our loan is bought out the hours after we sign our closing papers.

Let me tell you what's happened now:
Hubby calls earlier this week to talk to our loan officer about purchasing a refrigerator.  We really wanted to take advantage of the sales that were happening because of the Fourth of July.
Our loan officer said that it wouldn't be a problem as we had all of our "assets" for closing.

But. There's a catch.

They've pulled our credit again. Apparently my credit had gone down several points and was now below a number that meant we would have to PAY to lower the points on our loan and keep the rate at what we locked at.

What. The. Hell.

We rate locked in the beginning of June.  Doesn't this mean that it can't change?! It's locked.  That percentage is what we will be paying for our loan and that's that.

Apparently not.

Our loan officer said that we now have to come up with $1300+ in order to keep our rate at the points it was bought down at.  We have to do this so that the loan wouldn't have to go back through underwriting.

So now I'm panicking a bit. We have the money we need for closing and have also saved money to get a fridge before we even close, and now you're telling us that the money we've saved we have to PAY to you for something that's locked and in my eyes can't be changed!?!?!

We ask what's changed on our credit report that would make this happen.  Our loan officer "isn't sure" what caused my credit to drop, and said it "could be anything".  So you're telling me that he can't figure out why.  I asked hubby to get a copy of our credit report that they had pulled sent over to us because I was going to figure it out.

The other thing that bugs me: If we were teetering on a number that was going to potentially make something like this happen, why would you not inform us?  Make us aware so that we can work on that credit to make sure it goes UP and not down.  I would have very well paid more on the credit card every month to pay down the balance instead of saving extra money.  But, when we are told that paying off balances won't help with rates and whatnot, I am going to save my money and pay my credit card as I normally would.

Well, later on in the day, our loan officer gets back with hubby and tells us that NVR is just going to "eat" the cost of all this hooplah that's come up.  It's a weird situation and they want to make sure things aren't delayed and that everything goes smoothly and that we close on time.

I'm shocked.  They're actually doing something to help us.  So thank goodness for that.  And- Thank You NVR!  Because of that, we are back on track, we {obviously} bought our refrigerator and we are more than ready for these next 15 days to fly by so we can close on our house.

But that's not all. Our loan processor has me all sorts of frustrated too.  We get an email from her with a credit inquiry paper we need to sign, showing us when they've pulled our credit.  She leaves information out of one part of it that we have to sign, so I have to ask her to fix that.

And then she mentions that they're going to need one more pay stub from me because they need a certain amount within closing.  Well, we knew that.  But I can't very well give you a pay stub that hasn't even been given to me yet!

I know, I know. This seems silly.  But it's silly on both ends and seems common sense.  We've been given them document after document.  We had stopped giving paystubs because we were told we didn't have to until 30 days to closing.  Then, we were told they needed MORE paystubs because our loan had been open longer than 120 days or some crap like that.  Well-- it's THEIR fault our fricken loan has been open so long. But, we obliged and I caught them up on paystubs.  And I damn well had every intention of getting that last one to them.  Once I get it.

Sigh.

Like I said, I seriously can't wait to be done with NVR.  They're lucky I am over the moon excited to be getting into our home.


3 comments:

  1. That seems wrong, can they really charge you more after you've locked in your rate? I think not.. something sounds off. Glad they're not pushing you for that money bcuz I would say fight it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly what I want to know! It seems so wrong. A rate LOCK means that its done. Set in stone. This is what we must do to achieve that and nothing else needs to be done.
      I am so happy they bent a little and realized it was asinine to make us pay that, because a not-nice side of me would have come out, and they really don't want that.

      Delete
  2. They can. Any mortgage company will. You cant use your credit cards or start new credit while in the process, if your score drops it causes the rate you locked in not to apply to your current score. Your score helps generate the rates you can lock in. Once your score falls, even after locking, it can even cause you to lose the house.

    ReplyDelete