Saturday, June 18, 2016

Week 8 Progress- Siding and Priming

Another week has come and gone in this home building process! And this was an exciting week!

Our siding was finished on Thursday! I'll tell y'all what... I have had some bad dreams about our siding on the days leading up to it getting started.  We chose Irish Thistle as our main siding color, with Sandy Tan for the shake and then our shutters are Dark Berry.

You can see our selections here:  Click Me! if you haven't seen them yet.  They're also on one of the pages at the top of the blog ;-)

But yeah. Bad dreams. I don't know if I have said it on here before, but my house building dreams have been just like having wedding dreams! This week, with siding going up, I've had some pretty vivid dreams of some horribly green siding that looks awful on the house.

Luckily, visiting the house this week, that was not the case!  I am in LOVE with our siding, I love it paired up with the shake and the tan color garage door and trim, and I love it with the dark berry shutters.  It really really looks like a house now!



They also finished up the drywall this week, and got the first coat of paint on the walls {aka: it's been primed}.  Even inside is starting to "feel" like a real house!

Other news on the house front:  we got a date nailed down for our Pre-Settlement walk through.  We ended up having to schedule it the day before we close.  I'm not a fan of that at all, but unfortunately, our PM wouldn't budge from this particular date.  If we moved it farther into July, then it's cutting it too close to the end of the month, and we really really really don't want to have to worry about signing an even longer lease with the town home we are in now.  So, our Pre-Settlement date is set for July 25th, and then we close the next day.  Fingers crossed we don't have TOO many issues during pre-settlement that need to be addressed before we close.

Up next for house progress, per our PM:  They'll start installing hard surface flooring on Monday and then the trim carpenter is set to come in on Friday.

We did go out to the house today {Saturday} hoping to see some deliveries or something in the garage.  No surprises though.  Just an empty garage.

Well, actually.  I take that back-- we did have ONE surprise!  We were locked out of the house!  The door in the garage was locked, as well as the basement door and the front door!!! We had to go back up to the model home to get keys from the SR!
I am secretly hoping that they were just locked because it was the weekend.  I don't know if I am ready to be locked out already.  I enjoy going out twice a week to check on the progress of the house!

So- here are this week's photos! Time seems to be moving pretty quickly and before we know it, we will be closing on our new home!! We are also looking into several moving companies and comparing pricing to try and figure out which direction to go with movers!  Things are getting real, y'all!!

Our stone was delivered!

The view from our front porch of the rest of the neighborhood! That side of the street is all taken up in this cul-de-sac

View from our front porch

One more front porch view.  I had been waiting out front while hubby went to get the keys so we could get into the house.

Siding view

Siding view near the back of the house, looking at what will one day be a deck.

Side view of the house with our siding

Back view of the house with siding.  It weirds me out a little bit the way the walk out basement door is done with the siding.

Front view of our siding. Irish Thistle, Sandy Tan for the shake, and Dark Berry shutters

Irish Thistle, Sandy Tan and Dark Berry Shutters.  I love it!
Another view of the walk out with the siding.  Just weird it's not the whole wall.  I kinda feel it should be all or nothing.  Hopefully it doesn't bother me as much once the deck goes in.

Siding view of the morning room

Close up siding view at the walk out

Drywall up, primed and looking great! Master Bath

Master Bedroom

another view of the Master Bedroom

Loft view standing in the doorway of the master bedroom

Looking into bedroom #2

Upstairs view standing in the doorway of bedroom #2

Bedroom #3

Laundry Room <3

Looking down the stairs.  

Standing in the foyer looking into the kitchen.  I can't wait for the cabinets to be here!

Looking into the morning room, standing in the family room/foyer area

Looking into the foyer

Front room (living room)

Standing in the foyer, near the stairs

Foyer view, looking into the dining room and living room 

Standing near the morning room looking into the kitchen.  Left doorway is the small damn pantry, right doorway is the mudroom/garage entry

Basement.  Walk out doors <3

Basement. Standing near the walk out doors looking into the basement

Another basement view.  The drywall is pretty banged up near the bottom here.  Gonna bring this up to make sure it's taken care of

New hiding spot for our floor plans.  In the unfinished "media room" in the basement.. Along with our balusters and railings, which have been here for a while.


Can't wait to see what the next week brings!!  I hope everyone has a great weekend, and a great Father's Day!!



10 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I wanted the Irish Thistle but we were unable to select it due to the neighbors already have it. Totally envious of your walk out basement. I would of loved for that to be an option on our lot. What are your thoughts on the extra window in the morning room? I see you opted not to select it. I've been debating cancelling ours as well. I like the idea of being able to put things on the wall but I also like all the light that enters with the extra window. Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We opted against the extra windows in the MR too- I like being able to put my china cabinet/hutch thing on that wall, and being in the home I appreciate the extra privacy from neighbors it gives us. I will say there is plenty of light that comes in the other windows and the door.

      Delete
    2. Thank you :-)
      And, like my fellow blogger, Ashley, I like that I can put something up against that wall in the morning room. I love that it has windows and is so open but really wanted that option to put something (or hang photos or something) against that wall.
      Plus, it saved us money, lol!!

      And when we first started looking at building, a walk out wasn't even something we thought about. But, we knew we wanted a deck, and once we started looking at lots, figured a walk out would be ideal. And RH "made" us get the deck with the walk out, so it all kinda worked out for us.

      Delete
    3. We didn't do the extra windows in our Milan either. Sometimes I wish we had the extra light, but I did a gallery wall there for our coffee bar which I love.

      Delete
  2. Jealous of your finished basement space-- my husband is itching to get ours finished. Too bad we are all out of money. :/ haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and i will say, the pantry seems small and its smaller for us than our first home BUT I have actually been pleasantly surprised by all it actually holds. I have not been able to fill it all the way up and we are a large family of 6. :)

      Delete
    2. Honestly, the pantry is the ONLY thing about this house that I don't love {well, that and that darn island that I can't have}. It is so small where everything else is so open and big. In our town home now, we have a closet that we use for the pantry and it doesn't seem much bigger than our Milan will have. But, I'll make it work ;-)

      And the basement was on our "must have" list when we decided what we were adding into the house. We knew we wanted one from the beginning so we made sure it happened. I am a bit bummed that we didn't finish the "media room" or the "exercise room", but we can do that later on down the line :-)
      Hope things are going well in your home!!

      Delete
    3. What is the "island that you can't have"?

      Delete
    4. Oh, Shane... that's a loaded question, haha!!

      Here's a link to my blog post: http://oneinamilan.blogspot.com/2016/03/building-our-almost-dream-home.html

      But- long story short-- the model Milan that was recently built here has a great island that I love (it's considered the gourmet island in the "new" floor plans). Unfortunately for us, we have the "old" floor plans and the gourmet island is the peninsula island, and I hated the way that one ate up the space in the kitchen.
      We opted to just have the smaller island put in and will hopefully be able to contract out and get the island that I want.

      Delete
  3. Ahh ok I found it. I thought our SR told us they don't make those ones anymore :(. Oh well at least you can get on custom that you love!

    ReplyDelete