Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Flooring Issues???

So, we stopped by the house today for our Tuesday trip.  We had lots of great surprises as they were starting the flooring this week.

But, we also have an issue.

Check this out:


Now, I know lighting definitely affects this.... BUT.

The photo on the left is from our trip to Rite Rug waaaaaay back in December for our flooring appointment.  It's our selection of Station Square with our cabinet choice for the hall bathroom.  (This vinyl flooring was chosen for the hall bath as well as the laundry room)

The photo on the right is the vinyl flooring installed in the hall bathroom.  You KIND OF have some natural light filtering in from the loft area, but check out how much darker and how much more BROWN it seems.

{and yes, I know natural light and indoor lighting are going to have different effects, I just don't think those effects should be THIS far off}

I'm not happy.  We thought we had chosen something a bit more grey like what the left photo looks like.  I have a fellow blogger that also got Station Square and hers was way dark.  So, this doesn't surprise me, but when I compared it to what we chose, there's such a difference.

I did learn that there are DIFFERENT types of station square, and the one we chose {according to our order sheet from Rite Rug} is Station Square x2080.

I sent our PM an email and photo and he quickly responded and is checking it out for us, but I just don't know what to do.  If it is in fact the right vinyl, do I fight and try to get something different?? I thought I was getting something a bit more grey and not so brown.  We had plans to stain the cabinets in the bathroom a bit futher down the line, and I don't know that a dark maple espresso type stain is going to look right....

And, our washer and dryer are a dark grey.  So that's going to make the laundry room really really dark.

Or do I just suck it up.  It's "only" in the hall bathroom and laundry room.

We will have more answers tomorrow, hopefully.  Our PM is going to check it out tomorrow.  He mentioned that it could be the lighting, or it could be the wrong vinyl, so he'll let us know.

I just don't know what to do and don't know if I pursue it as being a problem, or just go with it.

Sigh.

In other news, the rest of the flooring looks awesome and I love it. And we finally have a front porch!  But y'all have to wait til the weekend update to see those photos :-)  Unless we are friends on Facebook.  You MIGHT see them on there. Maybe.






1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your flooring woes. That definitely looks like a different kind of flooring. Like you said, lighting needs to be taken into consideration but in my opinion that's much darker than what you saw at your appointment. I hope your PM can do something for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete