Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Great Flooring Debacle of 2016....

Okay, I wouldn't call it great.
It's not great.
Like, I've cried over stupid flooring.  That part seems so silly to me, but I'll admit it. I've cried over this stupid flooring.
And it's silly because I guess technically, we picked it out.  And I hate hate hate it.

I'll let y'all take a look and be the judge:

Let's start back with my post from Tuesday.

This is the photo I posted with my rant...


The photo on the left is from our flooring selection meeting with Rite Rug on 12/30/15.
The photo on the right is from our visit to the house this past Tuesday.

Now- I'll say it again.. I know lighting plays into this, but to me, that flooring looks WAAAAAAAAAAAY darker, and WAAAAAAY more brown.

So, I sent an email with this photo to our PM.  He thought it could be the lighting, and potentially the wrong vinyl installed.

I posted my woes on Facebook.  Lighting was mentioned again, as was wrong vinyl.
One of our neighbors chimed in as it made them notice that they chose the same flooring for their bathroom and it definitely looks more dark and more brown.  They showed us a photo of their flooring as well as a photo from their selection meeting:



Again, I know there's no lighting in their bathroom photo, but look how dark and how brown that looks.

Now, check out our selection meeting photos side by side:


To me, they're way more grey than brown, right? {And I know my photo seems a bit washed out}

Let me back that up with evidence....
Another fellow blogger (hi Ashley!!) commented on my Facebook post and directed me to the Armstrong website with all of the different Station Square options.  Because, you see... unknown to me..... there are different COLORS of station square vinyl!

Here's the website going directly to the Station Square section if you wanna check it out for yourself.

So now I'm getting a bit hopeful!  Maybe there was some kind of labeling issue at Rite Rug and we thought we were getting something more grey but they had it labeled wrong...

Here's a comparison of two Station Square vinyls.

Station Square 2080 is what we "chose" at our selection meeting.  It's the brown option.  It's most definitely what was written down at our meeting, as it's what's on our order form.

Station Square 2082 is the more grey version of this vinyl.  And what I feel we should have gotten in our home, and what I have a photo of from our selections meeting.

Station Square 2080
Station Square 2082
                      


Clearly a difference.  To some of y'all it might not be a huge one but it is to me.

And now more comparison photos.  These are from our selections meeting and paired with it is either the 2080 vinyl or the 2082 vinyl.  On the left sides of these photos are the selections from our meeting (top) and the bottom is our neighbor's selection.  Then, the photo on the right is the 2080 or 2082 samples pulled from the Armstrong website.

2080 (the more brown option)

2082 (the more grey option)

Huge difference to me.  Even if I've stared at these for hours on end at this point.

So now the follow up from our PM:

He went to Rite Rug and got the sample from them and compared it to what's been installed.

Take a look:


Looks like a pretty solid match, doesn't it?

When he sent me this, it completely deflated any hopes that I would get different vinyl put in the house.  I hate what they've installed.  It is most definitely NOT what I envisioned.

I envisioned a MUCH lighter, grey tones look.  Not this dark and dreary looking tile.

Granted, it's ONLY in the hall bathroom and the laundry room.

Our PM offered to keep the sample there so we could come take a look and verify that it is indeed what we chose at our meeting.  So, we might be going out there today to check it out.

I just don't know what I should do at this point.  I am afraid that even if we DO put that grey colored vinyl in there, it's still gonna show up way dark {because even looking at samples online, the brown option shows way darker once installed than it does on the website-- and yeah yeah, lighting factors in to this too. I know.}  And that's not what I envisioned for our bathroom.

I THINK our next course of action is to go to Rite Rug. Grab the sample that I feel we actually picked and see what it looks like and try and sort it out from there.

Our PM is trying to get in touch with them to see if anything has changed since December when we made our selections {which, btw... it really irks me that it's six stinkin' months before we even get to see our floors put in}.

If in fact we should have had the more grey option and something was just mislabeled on Rite Rug's end and that's why we ended up with this more brown colored vinyl, do we change it? I mean, it is what I thought we were getting.

And if it is in fact correct with what's been put in the house, and the sample we chose, then I feel like that's a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE mis-representation of what that vinyl looks like and I still want something else in there.

I just don't know what to do and can't believe I am so upset over stinkin' vinyl flooring. But, when it's all said and done, we DID pay for an upgraded vinyl and I should be getting what I want, right?

Sigh.

Rock, meet hard place.




7 comments:

  1. I agree with you, it does appear that the sample you saw at your flooring mtg was actually 2082, it had to have been labeled wrong, or written down wrong by your sales rep. there.

    I can't imagine what help if any they will give you, I hope that someone will step up for you guys so you can be happy with the flooring that ends up in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, that photo from your neighbor- did they go to the same rite rug as you? And did the PM also? If you notice in your neighbors photo and the one from your PM, they are clearly different sample bcuz the stick in placed in totally different sized squares. Not sure if these were taken from the same location but if they were its clear that the sample the PM had today and the one from the flooring selections mtg are different sample pieces, regardless of the difference in coloring or lighting. Does any of what i typed make sense? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy typos... sampleS and stickER... IS

      Delete
    2. Oh.my.gosh!!
      Ashley! You are so right!! And it totally all makes sense!!!! I am going to follow up to make sure they went to the same place, but there's only one Rite Rug in Cincinnati.
      We are still waiting to hear from our PM as to an answer if Rite Rug changed anything since December, but I really think I'm going to be pushing to get this fixed!!!
      Thanks for the great catch! I hope everything is going great in your new home!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! Sorry this is happening to you guys :(. It's pretty obvious that there was some sort of mistake made on Rite Rug's end or they installed the wrong vinyl. And, like you said, if that truly is the same vinyl that you looked at 6 months ago, that is a TERRIBLE representation. Good thing you have photos and can use it to compare to what they actually installed. I don't see why they wouldn't allow you guys to change the vinyl considering how different it looks from when you made your original selection. Especially since you only have a few areas that have that vinyl in your home. Hope all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      We went out to the house today and saw the vinyl that our PM was comparing to our vinyl that was installed. It's right when you look at everything on paper. I want to go to Rite Rug though and see the sample for what I thought we picked. I feel like there is a mistake somewhere here. We definitely DID NOT pick a brown colored vinyl....
      sigh.
      Hoping it all works out for the best. Our PM is definitely on our side with wanting to make sure we are getting what we think we should have in there, so that's a good start!

      Delete
  4. Fingers crossed that you get a good resolution on this! I would be pissed too!

    ReplyDelete